Simple Guide to order the best organic mattress in Mississauga

Mar
28

Our mattress is one of the most important components of a good night’s sleep. Indeed, the right materials guarantee comfort, help regulate body heat, and wick away moisture.

But did you know that conventional mattresses contain a surprisingly large amount of chemicals? These can lead to off-gassing, which creates an unhealthy sleeping environment.

But how can you know that your mattress is eco-friendly and safe? By researching the materials used to create it.

So, how can you be sure that you’re choosing the best organic mattress in Mississauga? Here are some important factors to consider.

Let’s find out what they are.

Best organic Mattresses in Mississauga

What to Consider When Buying the Best Organic Mattress in Mississauga

This is a quick guide on essential factors to consider when looking to buy an organic mattress.

  1. Research the Company: Many mattress manufacturers and providers boast about having the best organic mattresses in Mississauga. So, it can be confusing to select one.Checking the company’s background and credentials makes it easier to winnow down your options. For instance, do the company’s clients say good things about their products and services?

    Also, find out how long they have been in business. This will be a testimony to their reputation and the trust consumers have in them. Make sure you pick a company that specializes in 100% organic and natural products and avoid potentially misleading labels.

  1. Check the Percentage of Organic Materials: Just because a company labels or advertises a product as ’organic’ or ’natural‘ does not mean you should believe it. This is because the products used are not necessarily the best quality.On the other hand, some mattress companies advertise their products as eco-friendly but only use some natural/organic elements; the rest are synthetic.

    So, when you visit a mattress showroom, make sure to ask about the percentage of natural and organic materials used in their products. You can ask to see proof of the percentage, like the mattress tag; a product brochure; or online specifications.

  1. Search for Organic Fabrics: When looking for the best organic mattress in Mississauga, make sure the materials are unbleached and only use 100% organic dyes and fills. Skip products that use foam fillings, as these are cheaper and break down faster. These mattresses need to be replaced sooner than those made using only organic and natural materials. The best organic materials are resilient, and their natural fibres allow them to breathe and last longer than their synthetic counterparts.
  1. Ask for Independent Certifications: Awards and certifications from regulating agencies can give you an idea about whether the product has been tested and inspected. These products will conform to certain specific international standards because certification involves a stringent examination process. And, the examination process also concerns the production and raw materials used to manufacture the mattress. Only when a product is certified can you be sure that it is what it claims to be.Reliable certifiers include:
  • Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS): This certification is given to mattresses made using more than 95% organic latex.
  • Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS): This certification requires the mattress to be made using 95% certified organic materials; the remaining 5% must also be chemical-free.
  • GREENGUARD Gold: This proves that the organic or natural mattress has very low amounts of chemical emissions.
  • OEKO-TEX Standard 100: This signifies that the mattress doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals or harmful substances. 
  1. Convenience and Comfort

Along with being eco-friendly, the best organic mattresses should be comfortable. Its natural materials allow breathability and ensure that your body temperature remains comfortable throughout your sleep. After all, the main reason to switch to the best organic mattress in Mississauga would be to get a good night’s rest.

Take a look at some tips for first-time organic mattress and bedding buyers.

 

An organic mattress is worth the investment as it helps create a safer sleeping environment for your family. Additionally, its materials won’t harm the environment during the manufacturing process or once it ends its life cycle. Furthermore, you will be comfortable throughout the night and wake up feeling rested. Use this blog to help you choose the right option for your home.