Different Types of Organic Pillows and Their Benefits
Resting your head after a tiring day is important as it’s your moment of relaxation. The pillow to be used, thus, must be soft, comfortable and relaxing. The wrong choice in the material can often lead to severe neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches and even back pain. Therefore, it is always suggested to go for 100% organic pillows. This blog post discusses the different types of organic pillows that are available, their benefits and why you should choose them.
Organic Pillows: Types and Features
There are different types of natural pillows available to choose from. Some of them are:
- Alpaca Pillows: Made of alpaca wool, it is one of the softest yet strongest fabrics. The hollow structure in the centres of alpaca wool makes it a thermal regulating pure fibre and hence, warmer than sheep wool. Essentially water resistant, it is absorbs the moisture from your skin; keeping you dry and comfortable. This material is 100% natural and smooth, not requiring chemical pollutants to wash off lanolin oil; thereby making it hypoallergenic. Alpaca is highly flame resistant, customizable and organically colourful that comes in 22 distinctive colours which can match your interiors.
- Wool Pillows: The most common material available in the market, pure sheep wool, helps regulate the temperature with respect to the weather keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Often termed as a reason for allergies, the lanolin oil present in the fibre makes it dust-mite resistant to an extent. Speaking of which, pure wool does not cause any allergic reactions. Wool bounces back to its original form even after a lot of pressure has been put on it, making it wrinkle resistant as well. The multi-part complex fibre of wool makes it durable and unaffected by any kind of staining. Maintaining a layer of air next to the skin, wool is very soft and comfortable.
- Latex Pillows: Latex is sourced from rubber tree sap which gives it a stable feel that comes in a huge range of firmness levels to suit your needs. A quick tip to identify pure latex is to see its yellow colour and heavyweight. Synthetic latex would be easier to lift and whitish yellow in its look. This colour difference arises because of the purification process that latex must undergo. Latex fibre has large holes in it which offers pressure point relief for people suffering from lower back pain. Naturally breathable, it is easy to cuddle and is biodegradable. If you are suffering from any kind of allergies, then the anti-microbial properties of latex would provide a lot of comfort.
- Kapok Pillows: Also known as silk cotton, Kapok is very soft, airy, silky and covered with a cotton sateen fabric for protection. For people who prefer thick pillows, this adjustable and renewable fibre is the best option. Completely chemical free, this material is resistant to moisture and dust-mites. The fabric is a lot less dense than cotton making it light and breathable.
- Buckwheat Pillows: Perfect for side sleepers, the most important advantage of buckwheat is in its firmness that fills the gap created by the shoulder preventing pain. It’s chemical and fumigant-free formula wicks your sweat away, keeping you comfortable through the night, soothing cramps and changing snoring habits as well. Made up of enclosures of natural crops, this material is completely vegan and animal cruelty-free. The whole concept of buckwheat pillows is based on a Japanese technology which makes it feel like a spring under compression yet firm enough to ease friction. The free air circulation of pillows made of this grain due to its micro-fill style and triangular shape makes it breathable and long lasting, restricting moulds to form inside the pillow.
Apart from these options, there are travel and body pillows, which ensure that your body gets some extra support with proper weight distribution, saving you from any kind of pain.
There are different types of organic fibres providing a variety of features which a person can choose from. If you are a person who is suffering from any kind of sleep-related pain such as back, shoulder or even neck pain, shifting to organic material would make them non-existent. It’s your turn now to shift to an all-natural lifestyle and making an informed decision before buying for yourself the best organic pillow.