Everyone wants to have a more healthy, comfortable and cleaner life. This extends to all aspects of life, like buying organic vegetables or incorporating solar power in your energy source. Textile businesses have picked up on this demand and are making their own entry into the organic industry. However, these materials are often costly and not within everyone’s reach. If you find yourself wondering whether it’s a good idea to invest in a non-toxic organic mattress, look no further. The information and facts mentioned here will provide you with the answers you need.
- Harmful effects of chemicals
Mattresses, by law, must be flame retardant. To make them fire resistant, mattresses are often treated with several chemicals. To reduce the chemical exposure or allergies that your skin is exposed to, buy an organic mattress. Even if you’re not allergic, reducing chemicals you’ is an important step to avoid health issues which may arise later in life.
- Organic Mattress Vs. Traditional Mattress
All mattresses traditionally have an exclusive fibre layer and foam composition. Traditional mattresses, on the other hand, are composed of pressboards, polyester fabrics, and other fibres, organic mattresses are made using paddling filled with cotton and wool.
- Organic Mattress Vs. Natural Mattress
Mattresses types are not limited to traditional and non-organic types. Mattresses labelled ‘natural’ aren’t organic, but they have latex, poly foams and natural fibres.
Pros of Organic Mattress
- They’re made using non-allergenic materials, making it a beneficial option.
- They’re free from pesticides and chemicals, making it a healthier option for people with asthma or other allergy-induced diseases.
- They’re an easily customizable option as they come in several shapes and styles.
- They’re a healthier and comfortable option.
Cons of Organic Mattress
Although a great option for your bedroom, organic mattresses too, have certain disadvantages
- Limited availability often makes them a costlier option.
- The options might be limited with not much room for customization of choices of colour.
- Shopping can for one can get confusing as most of the choices might seem the same.
- Are non-toxic mattresses a better option?
Though there are many companies offering certified organic mattresses, there are other non-toxic varieties which can solve your problems as well. These non-toxic options can do the job without burning a hole in your pocket. Organic mattresses have latex, cotton and wool in common, but they might not be a great support option. Some people are also allergic to latex. Also, many people complain of lack of sleep and back pains which are caused by the extremely soft filling.
The choice of purchasing an organic mattress is a personal one when it comes down to it. At the end of the day, you know what’s best for you and your family. The best thing to do is to choose wisely based on what you want in order to spend wisely.