Mattresses do not last forever. Most of us wait too long to replace our mattresses. If you have had the same traditional mattress for over 8 years, chances are you need a new one. However, there are some other signs including:
- You wake up tired and achy. This may be a sign that your mattress is no longer providing you with enough support to give you a good night’s rest. If you don’t wake up feeling refreshed, it may be time to get a new mattress.
- Your mattress looks old, worn, or frayed.
- The box spring creaks and squeaks. These are all signs that the mattress and foundation may be worn out.
- Your bed is just not comfortable. Does the mattress sag or leave an impression where you sleep? If you find yourself rolling toward the center or you can’t seem to find a comfortable position to sleep in, it’s time to consider a new mattress.
Selecting a mattress
What you sleep on makes a big difference in the quality of sleep you get every night. Choosing from the many different mattresses can be difficult. The perfect mattress for your neighbour may not be the perfect one for you. When narrowing down to your choices, here are things that you should look for.
Look for a mattress that is:
- Designed to conform to the spine’s natural curves and to keep the spine in alignment when you lay down.
- Designed to distribute pressure evenly across the body to help circulation, decrease body movement and enhance sleep quality.
- Designed to minimize the transfer of movement from one sleeping partner to the other.
Once you are down to a fewer number, then you should take the time to try them out. Lie down on the mattress positioned how you usually sleep. Turn over from one side to the other. If you sleep with a partner, try the mattress together to make sure there is enough space for both sleepers to move around. Make sure the mattress can support your spine in its natural curve. Before deciding, you should spend approximately 15 minutes in your normal sleeping position to get a real feel of the mattress.
Not to be overlooked is the foundation that the mattress sits on. Try to purchase the foundation designed to go with your mattress. Using no foundation, old foundations, or mixing mattresses and foundations can negatively affect the level of support and the durability of your mattress.
Dormio Organic Beds offers private shopping by appointment. This guarantees absolute privacy. Call us and book the showroom for a couple of hours and feel free to sleep around with no one else in the showroom but you. See you soon!!
Dormio Organic Beds…naturally better
Best selection of natural and organic quality mattresses and bedding in the Toronto area!